Train with Ignite
Accredited change management foundation and practitioner course
At Ignite we pride ourselves on change management expertise and on always building the capability of our clients. For those seeking a deeper look at how organisations can change for the better we offer accredited change management training.
What will I be certified in?
Our training is accredited by APMG International, the global leader in professional training accreditation for the change management sector. On successful completion of the course you will become a certified Change Management Practitioner. This internationally recognised qualification has been developed in conjunction with the CMI (Change Management Institute), the global, non-profit association of change managers committed to advancing the change management profession.
We chose well with Ignite. They really understand innovation and change and are a genuine partner in our journey to deliver world class patient service in our day care centres
Development Director, Business and Private Practice, Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust
Ignite are a delight to work with.
Principal, Education sector
Register your interest
Who is this course for?
Anyone with an interest in how organisations change for the better. Delegates may include those already working in the field looking to become certified as well as those looking to qualify as part of entry to the profession and other project and programme professionals looking to expand their knowledge of a related field.
What you will gain
- Be inspired by the power of organisations to change
- Learn important, powerful principles of organisational change
- Use case studies to sharpen your thinking about change
- Have the opportunity to put your learning into practice by developing your own change plan
- Receive exclusive course materials including the Effective Change Managers Handbook
- Sit a Foundation exam (day 3) and a Practitioner exam (day 5) as part of certification
- Five days
- Classroom-based (small classes in inspiring spaces)
- Dedicated, experienced trainer who is also an active practitioner in the field
- Lunch, coffees and teas included
1. Change and the individual: psychological models of behaviour in organisations; personality in change; learning and the change process
2. Change and the organisation: how organisations really work; approaches to organisational change; change models; leading change in organisations
3. Communication and stakeholder engagement: why communication matters; stakeholder analysis and engagement; communications planning
4. Change practice: case studies; how to apply change management theory effectively; opportunities to write your own change plan based on what you’ve learned
Course types and class sizes
We run two types of courses:
1. An open course – for all types of change professionals who are seeking the accreditation (maximum class size – 12 delegates)
2. A bespoke course – tailored for small company teams who are looking to develop an internal change capability (maximum class size – 16 delegates)
- Individual – This course will equip you with the principles and practice required to manage change successfully. The examples and tools that you consider during this course can be used to address the various types of business change you face in the future. You will be able to understand, assess, manage and embed change in a style that reflects your professional style and draws on the best practice embodied in the Change Management Institute’s Body of Knowledge and Competency Framework. In addition to this you will become an accredited change professional in possession of a qualification that is recognised internationally.
- Organisation – Having people who are expert in the inter-disciplinary practice of change management is increasingly regarded as a necessity for agile organisations. Organisations with staff who have successfully completed this course can be confident that they have individuals capable of making change a positive experience and not just something to survive.
Thanks to extensive and ongoing first-hand experience, our approach to change has been tested in change initiatives across a number of sectors. Our approach has evolved over time to take into consideration differing leadership frameworks, varying organisational cultures and the speed it takes different businesses to embed change.
We are passionate about engagement and building the right environment where people feel confident that they can contribute and that their voice will be heard and respected.
Our critical component is inspiration – both the willingness to be inspired by great change (wherever it comes from) and to inspire a change-positive approach in our clients. Through a series of insights into how humans have created positive changes in a wide range of fields, we will stimulate your creative thinking, breaking down preconceived and deep-rooted assumptions about what can and cannot be done.
A place on one of our open courses is priced at £1450 plus VAT. Bespoke courses vary in price depending on the location and number of delegates and are generally arranged on a group price.